The number of vans being broken into increased by nearly two thirds during the past two years, and a van is broken into every 23 minutes.
Unless the police get lucky and recover your stolen tools, most traders will have to find their stolen property for themselves. There are several ways to do this:
- Check online sites such as eBay, Loot and or Gumtree.
- Visit all the car boot sales that take place in your area – they are well known as places where stolen tools are sold.
- Go to pawnshops in your area and give them details of your tools – so if they’re offered them, they can call the police.
- Get social: There is a group on Facebook specifically for shout-outs by builders and tradespeople who have had their tools stolen. Try it at: //www.facebook.com/stolentradetoolsuk/
CCTV is becoming increasingly popular, however it can also be a minefield for some. Sutterton Surveillance Systems is offering a simple but effective solution:
- NO VIDEO RECORDER
- NO HARD DRIVE
VIEW / PLAYBACK / SHARE straight from your phone / tablet, (simple to use app)
—- Get notified when movement is detected —–
For peace of mind & save £50, just £199.00, (Normal price £249.00)
1 x HD, (4MP) IP Turret camera, (with built in night vision)
1 x *12 Months subscription to cloud, (**stores up to 7 days) worth £57.26.
1 x Installation & Setup
*Router connected to internet required & subscriptions ONLY due after 12 Months, (currently just £1.10 per week).
** Storage can be increased from 7 to: 30, 40, 60, 90 or 365 days at additional costs.
This can be Increased or decreased at any time, for example you may wish to increase your storage from 7 days to 30 days as you are going away for your holidays.
Payments are by Direct debit, and can be paid Monthly or Annually, (you can still increase your storage even if you have already paid for the Year).
See the examples below, for 1 Camera @:
- 7 Days storage is just £4.77 per Month, (£1.10 per week), Yearly £57.26
- 30 Days storage is £5.57 pm, ( £1.29 p/w), Yearly £66.84
- 365 Days storage is just £12.75 pm, (£2.94 p/w), Yearly £153.02